Google Tag Manager (GTM) is a very common tool for installing third party pixels or tags on websites. The instructions below demonstrate how to install the El Toro Reverse Append Pixel on your website using GTM:
1. First (and obviously) you need to have a GTM account that is configured for your website, and you need to have the GTM code already installed on your website by your web developers.
2. Sign into your GTM account and click on “Add A New Tag.”
3. Name your tag.
4. Click Choose Tag Type and select Custom Image.
5. Place the pixel code provided by El Toro into the box as shown below. (do not include any html such as "< img src="””" / >" just the actual url to the image, which should begin with //:pixel….)
6. Under Triggering, select All Pages.
7. Finally, hit Save and your tag is ready to start firing.