Legal Drinking Age Compliance
The LDA is regulated by the Distilled Spirit Council of the United States; setting forth a code of responsible practices for advertising and marketing.
In the digital age Alcohol brands have the ability to reach consumers on a multitude of platforms reaching more potential consumers than ever before. The key is to do so while following responsible placement guidelines. Beverage Alcohol advertising & marketing should only be placed where 71.6% of audiences is reasonably expected to be of legal purchase age. Can this be done with El Toro? Yes, it can be done in the digital spectrum. However, it does limit the amount of inventory significantly. It is vital to determine that the targeted audience falls above the requirement of 71.6% of legal purchase age. This is determined by using reliable, up to date audience composition data. Qualifying targeting areas will also decrease. For example; targeting colleges or universities campus is off limits.
Overview of Basic Principles determined by DISCUS
- Digital marketing communications are intended for adults of legal purchase age
- Digital marketing communications should be placed only in media where at least 71.6% of the audience is reasonably expected to be the legal purchase age.
- Digital marketing communications on a site or web page controlled by the brand advertiser that involve direct interaction with a user should require age affirmation by the user prior to full user engagement of that communication to determine that the user is of legal purchase age.
- User-generated content on a site or web page controlled by the brand advertiser must be monitored and moderated on a regular basis.
- Digital marketing communications that are intended to be forwarded by users should include instructions to individuals downloading the content that they should not forward these materials to individuals below the legal purchase age.
- Digital marketing communications must respect user privacy.
- Digital marketing communications and product promotions must be transparent as brand marketing by being identified as such.
Understanding Ad Fraud in the OTT Landscape: A Comprehensive Guide
The media landscape has undergone a significant transformation in recent years, with Over-the-Top (OTT) platforms emerging as a dominant force. As viewers increasingly shift from traditional broadcasting to OTT services, advertisers are keen to tap...
Ready to Run With the Bull?Contact Us