Mobile Ad Targeting
What targeting can I use on mobile?
El Toro is able to target (and report on) in-app and device-optimized web impressions by:
- Device Type - Tablet, Phone or Desktops & Laptops
- Device Make and Model - Apple iPhone, HTC Droid Incredible, etc.
- Carrier - Verizon, Sprint, etc.
- Connection Type - Carrier-based or wi-fi/static
- Mobile Operating System - Android, iOS, etc.
- Mobile Browser - Android, Blackberry, etc.
System (i.e., device type, device make/model, OS, browser, carrier and connection type), frequency, geography, daypart, segments, and test/control targeting all work for in-app and device-optimized web campaigns. However, targeting based on tag position and tag query strings is possible only for device-optimized web campaigns.
What types of mobile inventory can I buy?
There are two types of mobile inventory: in-app and device-optimized web sites.
- In-App - Applications that are installed on mobile phones and tablets, i.e., Clash of Clans.
- Device-Optimized Web Sites - Web sites that are optimized for viewing and interaction in browsers on mobile phones and tablets.
Does conversion tracking work in mobile browsers?
In mobile browsers, post-click conversion tracking works just like it does in non-mobile web browsers. Post-view conversions, however, can only be tracked across non-Safari mobile browsers.
Does conversion tracking work in mobile apps?
Yes. Even if the user converts in a separate mobile browser later (having closed the app in which they initially clicked the ad), the correlation to the click in the app can still be tracked.
What types of creatives can serve in mobile campaigns?
You can serve standard banners and MRAID creative on your mobile campaign.
We recommend using the following creative sizes on mobile devices: